Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

A Daily Routine

To me, taking care of my face and skin is really important even more than wearing makeup. And if you take care of your skin now, you will continue to reap the benefits of it even as you get older. A daily routine will definitely help. Here is what I do everyday.

Tip #1  
Always remove all makeup with a makeup remover wipe or liquid before proceeding to wash your face; washing your face doesn't always get everything off. If you use liquid, cotton balls work best with it to remove makeup. Wipe carefully especially around your eyes. The skin on your eyes is really delicate and can get easily irritated. 


Tip #2 
Find a face wash that is specifically designed for your skin type. If you have oily skin, you are going to want to get a wash that is water based, not oiled based. This will help cleanse your face without causing breakouts. Gel is usually the best for oily and combination skin types. My personal favorite face wash is Clean & Clear.




  Tip #3 
Toner is not a must, but it helps remove dead skin cells, any remaining makeup and it stimulates circulation. Again you need to find the product that is right for your skin type. If you have very dry skin for example, you will want to stick with skin fresheners that have a very small percentage of alcohol, and not a super strong toner that will dry out your skin. A splash of cold water can also work really well too.

                                                      


Tip #4 Moisturizing is the last step in the process. Its very important for your skin and definitely the most important part of your daily routine. When you moisturize with the right product it helps build a layer on your skin to help protect it from the elements and helps hold water in the epidermis (the surface layer of skin). If you moisturize when you are young it will help with wrinkles and fine lines when you are older as well. 
                                                                                 
Dry Skin: Oiled based moisturizer

Normal Skin: Water based moisturizer, containing light oils

Oily and Combination Skin: Oil Free, water based moisturizer and look for "noncomedogenic" which helps prevents clogged pores

I hope these tips were helpful! Comment and let me know what your daily routine is!

Elizabeth <3

6 comments:

  1. Very cool :)

    I use tea tree on my face every night before bed. It REALLY works well with getting rid of blemishes and keeping your skin clear.

    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the tea tree a face wash?
    Glad you liked them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I took so long to get back to this. Its just tea tree oil. No face wash, just the pure oil. Its amazing. It does make your face a little dry after its dried, so its really important to moisturize.

      Delete
  3. Love the blog! I've had horrible acne and still have the scars to show it. Because I wear a lot of makeup and thus expose my skin to lots of chemicals, I decided to simplify my skin care routine. Twice a week, I exfoliate my face with a homemade paste of baking soda and a few drops of water. Twice a day I wash my face with a mixture of honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a few drops of olive oil. The honey is moisturizing, healing, and antibacterial. The nutmeg and cinnamon keep my skin from breaking out, and the olive oil smoothes my skin and cleans off any makeup without making my skin too greasy. It really works! It's the only thing that hasn't broken me out.

    God Bless,
    Melissa Renee
    girls-4-god.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And I am glad that you found something for your skin that works! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Elizabeth <3

    ReplyDelete